When you set up your company’s resources, they can represent people, equipment, teams, or anything else that you want to forecast and track time against.
- If you do not see the Resources tab in your current list of tabs, you can find it by switching to the Resource Hero app or by searching for the Resources tab from the Salesforce Application Launcher.
- From the Resources tab, click the New button.
- Enter details about your Resource
- Resource Name – Enter a name that will represent your resource. In most cases, this will be the first and last name of a person. Depending on the type of business and how you plan on using resource hero, this could also be the identifier of a piece of equipment, a room name, etc.
- Target Hours – The Weekly Target Min Hours and Weekly Target Max Hours fields represent the range of hours that a resource should be working in a week. These two fields are used in the Resource Hero matrices to calculate a given Resource’s utilization.
- While Resource Hero includes key fields for tracking your Resources, you are free to create your own fields.
- Click Save
- Repeat for each of your resources.